Originally a classic 1930’s house, St Christopher’s was substantially remodelled and extended in 2015. The build was designed in collaboration with a local architect to create a spacious, contemporary family home that has kept the integrity of the building’s heritage.
St Christopher’s was given a complete refurbishment using quality materials and workmanship. The result is a home that is built to a high standard, with the durability to still be beautiful in years to come.
Exeter city is minutes away by car, but St Christopher’s has the tranquillity of a peaceful, rural setting.
1. View - From the rear of the house there is a stunning, panoramic view along the Kenn valley over the estuary towards Exmouth. The centre piece is the ancient parish church of St Andrews, Kenn. The church is lit up at night, which looks particularly magical on dark winter evenings.
2. The Kitchen – A recently fitted System Six quality kitchen with integral Bosch dishwasher, double oven and microwave, induction hob and cooker hood. There is plumbing for an ice making fridge. The work surfaces are premium granite and oak. There is also a television socket for a wall mounted TV.
3. Doors/Flooring - The flooring throughout the ground floor is solid Canadian maple, which is one of the hardest wearing materials available. All the internal doors are new fire doors which are in the original 1930’s style.
4. Open plan Dining/Sitting room – A large, versatile room which benefits from the French doors opening onto the terrace area. The room is fitted for a family television linked to hardwired surround sound.
5. Terrace – To make the most of the view and the beautiful location, there is a substantial, elevated terrace, which is at floor level to the two sets of French doors off the kitchen and dining room. This becomes an ‘outdoor’ room in summer, which is the perfect spot for al fresco dining and entertaining.
6. Front Sitting Room – Feature fire place and bay window.
7. Utility Room – Here is second sink, a vent for a drying machine, a work surface and space for a washing machine. As the boiler is in this room, it’s great for drying washing on rainy days.
8. Garage – An extra wide garage with electric door which can be opened with key fob (which is also extra wide, to accommodate modern cars!) A side door which gives easy access to the garden.
9. Bedroom 1 – En suite shower room, a balcony (which is an absolute joy) and substantial walk in closet.
10. Family Bathroom – Power Shower, extra-long bath and under floor heating.
11. Bedroom 2, 3 & 4 – Recently refurbished rooms
12. Bedroom 5 – A large room with sitting/study area and ensuite shower room
13. Storage Room – An expansive, easily accessible storage space, which has the potential to be converted to a sixth double bedroom or study, with appropriate permissions.
14. Kennford Village – Kennford is a hugely sociable village community with a number of active clubs and activities. The village has an excellent primary and pre-school. There’s a handy local post office stores and café. The pubs are friendly, have delicious food as well as a full diary of live music, quizzes and events (they are within walking distance too!). There is easy access to Haldon forest, well known for its bike trails and it’s only a short, pleasant bike ride through country lanes to Powderham Castle. Beaches and Dartmoor are only a twenty minute drive away.