How much is my property worth?
If you are thinking about selling or renting your property, you will need to know how much your property is worth. Or you might just be bored and want to see how much you could get for your house.
Either way, here is a handy guide that will let you figure out the true worth of your property.
The best place to start is with a free online property valuation. This will give you a rough idea of the price range that you would value your property at.
There are thousands of online valuation tools on the internet, all using different data to tell you how much your property is worth.
TheHouseShop calculator uses varied data about the current market and provides a lower, middle and upper valuation. This places your property on a scale, and from here you can start to be more specific.
Research is key for a property valuation and another good resource is the Land Registry which gives you the latest monthly residential property price data for all of the property sales in England and Wales.
The property market is fluid and fluctuates on a regular basis. It is important to understand how the market works and where it is currently situated as this will have a huge impact on how you sell your house and for what price. So having a decent understanding of the current housing market is crucial to figuring out the value of your property.
Once you have done your research around your property, you need to start looking at your house.
Here are some factors that will affect the properties value.
- Does the property have good transport links?
- Is the area good for schools, social life, shopping etc?
- What is the neighbourhood like?
- What state is the property in?
- Does the house need some major renovations or could a potential buyer move straight in?
- Are the features fairly modern, or does the property look out of date?
- How old is the property?
- What desirable features does the property have?
- Is there parking available?
- Does the property have a garage or shed?
- What is the bathroom to bedroom ratio?
But if you are still unsure and lacking confidence in your research then fear not!
Many estate agents offer FREE professional property valuations, which mean that you can sit back and relax, confident in the knowledge that you have valued your property at the right price.